Our Portfolio: St. Margaret’s, TW1
Mr and Mrs Mann
We bought a new house in St Margaret’s in 2014, we wanted to extend the house as much as we could and then refurbish the entire property.
We were nervous about the process as we had heard so many horror stories from friends about architects and builders. We had no knowledge of the many complexities of a house build and are both rubbish at design! (all we had were a lot of pininterest pictures of the type of thing we liked!)
The first few builders we met confirmed our fears, however then we were introduced to Raki. Raki was very professional from the first meeting, he immediately took us to meet 3 or 4 home owners within our street where RMR had done extensive works. We immediately knew we had found the right partner to build & renovate our home, firstly from the obvious great relationship he had with his ex-clients and secondly from the high level of finish which we saw.
The project ran incredibly smoothly, to budget and finished exactly on time. The areas of the service that I would highlight as key to us were:
- Having an integrated builder and architect which means everything is run by one company. They took ownership of everything from the first planning application to handing over the home on the final day.
- Having one point of contact within the company, the managing Director Raki who was available 24/7 to talk through ideas and progress
- Transparent pricing from the tender stage which was adhered to throughout the project
- Having a partner in the build who helped with the design, talked through what he thought would work and wouldn’t (and what would add value and wouldn’t)
- Advanced technology meaning that you could see the 3D images of proposals ahead of the build as well as being able to visit ex clients houses to generate ideas.
- An incredibly professional and polite work force (we couldn’t believe how tidy and organised the house was throughout the build)
- The aftercare service has been very good, any snags have been rectified immediately and the relationship with Raki continues.
I would 100% recommend RMR and Raki, we have had various friends over in the weeks after the build, many of who have taken Raki’s number!